Monday, June 8, 2009

Everyone and their Cousin?

I just finished reading an article at business transformation resource center (here) entitled "Four Keys to Selling MPS In Tough Economic Times" within the first couple of paragraphs I came across this unsettling comment "In the last six to eight months, managed print services has become extremely hot, so much so we are seeing everybody and his cousin get involved."

I must say that to me this translates to the idea that within the realm of managed print services there is going to be a slew of "jacks of all trades" who are masters of none, well not MPS anyway. With that in mind I would like to draw attention to the following bit of information from the same article "According to MPS research and analysis firm Photizo Group, MPS contracts could grow at a 22 percent compound annual growth rate through 2012." If you are a business owner who is considering an MPS program for your business I would like to ask you, does everybody and his cousin really have the experience and expertise to successfully run an MPS program for your company and truly save you the most money while providing you with the best service? I think not...

Point: When looking for an MPS company to manage your printer fleet, do your homework! Find a company who has the experience, and references to show that they truly are MPS experts.

No comments:

Post a Comment